Leverage Our Experts for a Proven Path to IT Automation
Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service
A managed container service to run and scale Kubernetes applications in the cloud or on-premises.
A serverless, event-driven compute service that lets you run code for virtually any type of application or backend service without provisioning or managing servers.
Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS
Use the wide range of AWS compute, database, analytics, machine learning, and other services to build secure and scalable applications faster.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
Allows you to effectively rent units of compute power, storage space, and network connectivity running within AWS’s vast infrastructure.
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud
Lets you launch AWS resources in a logically isolated virtual network that you define.
A collection of managed services that makes it simple to set up, operate, and scale databases in the cloud.
An infrastructure automation platform for AWS that deploys AWS resources in a repeatable, testable and auditable manner.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
An object storage service offering industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance.
AWS CodeCommit is a secure, highly scalable, managed source control service that hosts private Git repositories. It makes it easy for teams to securely collaborate on code with contributions encrypted in transit and at rest.
AWS CodeBuild is a fully managed continuous integration service that compiles source code, runs tests, and produces software packages that are ready to deploy. You don’t need to provision, manage, and scale your own build servers.
AWS CodeDeploy is a fully managed deployment service that automates software deployments to a variety of computing services and your on-premises servers.
AWS CodePipeline is a fully managed continuous delivery service that helps you automate your release pipelines for fast and reliable application and infrastructure updates.
Like a lot of growing companies, CyGlass needed to overcome challenges holding back its deployment speed and agility. Technical and cost limitations associated with CyGlass’s current platform architecture impacted their ability to meet growing customer demand for its solution.
Shadow-Soft engineers helped CyGlass in three phases: Assessment, Implementation, and Enablement.
CyGlass is realizing a 3X reduction in platform infrastructure costs and a 12X reduction in build time.
We’re delighted to see that all of Shadow-Soft’s recommendations helped energize and galvanize the team, pointing us in the right direction. CyGlass now has a solid platform to bring on more large customers.”
Shadow-Soft supports a federal civilian agency that leverages significant raw data to assist with investigations of fraud and waste.
The customer lacked visibility to how they consumed AWS services, forecasting demand, and required assistance with best practices related to its highly regulated policy driven environment.
- Shadow-Soft helped implement a cost observability tool to provide visibility to stakeholders
- Provided an Amazon Web Services well architected review to validate strengths and weaknesses
- Implemented AWS organizations for ease of account management
- Provided access to proof of concept project money for new machine learning services
Our biotech client was experiencing degraded performance with their initial implementation OpenShift cluster on EC2. They needed real-time visibility into their OpenShift clusters and applications. The client engaged Shadow-Soft to review architecture, implement integrated logging and alerting solutions, and provide recommendations on how to improve performance with best practice configuration.
Solution and Architecture:
- Perform review with the client to discover requirements and gather baseline metrics to determine optimum configurations for Cluster Sizing,
- Performance and Scalability characteristics, Logging and Metrics, Security, Backup, and Recovery
- Provide recommendations around best practices and OpenShift add-ons
- Implement recommendations to optimize logging and alerting solutions on AWS Elasticsearch Service, FluentD, Kibana Stack (EFK), VictorOps, Slack
- The fluent collects the logs and forwards them to Elasticsearch, enabling the client to see one consolidated view of all the logs from one location.
- Configure VictorOps integration with Slack to notify errors in Openshift Clusters. Used alert manager on all the clusters to send the NodeNotReady alert to VictorOps
- Assist in troubleshooting the OpenShift 4 cluster configuration
- Enablement and training on advanced troubleshooting of OpenShift cluster
- Best practice capacity management, autoscaling, and cluster optimization
- CI/CD for application deployment using application packaging and existing CI/CD tooling (Jenkins) and processes
- Terraform scripts to create backups for RDS databases (Cross-Region Read Replicas)
- Improved logging solution to quickly detect issues with OpenShift cluster
- Improved visibility with alerts and notifications directly to system admins
- Resolved insufficient storage issue in OpenShift environment
- Finely-tuned OpenShift clusters now enable customers to run and scale applications with confidence
- Awareness and ability to respond quickly to issues, allowing the customer to reduce time to resolution and increase uptime.
SongSplits worked with Shadow-Soft to assist with a modernization project. Learn how SongSplits modernized its infrastructure to improve scalability and optimize costs.
Packer Image Piplines With AWS
Packer is the industry standard tool for managing machine image artifacts. It is also essentially the “only game in town”. It supports a variety of platforms and provisioners for sophisticated management of various sources and builds.
Unreachable Linux Instance on AWS
In this exercise, you will create a problem in a Linux instance by setting a static IP address, and then fix that issue. This technique only works forAmazon EBS-backed instances because there is no way to temporarily stop an Amazon S3 instance.