IT leaders and software engineers gathered at Shadow-Soft HQ in Atlanta to learn how Ansible can be used to “Glue” together their CI/CD tools.
Special thanks to Red Hat and Intel for sponsoring the event. Their support helped us provide a great space for networking, food, and drinks!
Why integrate CI/CD tools
After plenty of food and fun, Shadow-Soft’s John Ray kicked off the presentation. He highlighted the three big challenges facing software teams today:
- Push code faster
- Increase reliability of software releases
- Provide structure and governance
John explained how Ansible can be used to integrate or “Glue” tools together, helping teams push code faster with more reliability.
Ansible is the “Glue”
- Continuous Delivery: Keep your applications properly deployed and managed throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Security and Compliance: Easily automate site-wide security policies via Ansible playbooks.
- Orchestration: Ansible provides a simple solution for managing disparate systems.
- Config Management: Centralizing configuration file management is a common use case for Ansible.
- App Deployment: Effectively manage the entire application lifecycle from development to production.
- Provisioning: Ansible streamlines the process in bare-metal servers, VMs, or cloud instances.
CI/CD Framework & Architecture
Derrick Sutherland, senior consultant at Shadow-Soft, talked through our CI/CD architecture, explaining where and how Ansible can be used. He walked the audience through a demo.
Interested in pushing code faster, and more reliably? Request a CI/CD review
View or download the slide deck below: