Consulting to help you deploy software and infrastructure faster
Shadow-Soft helps you leverage new approaches to application delivery and IT operations that allow you to rapidly deliver new features and updates. Agility and speed to market are essential to maintaining a competitive advantage. Organizations that rapidly release code updates can innovate faster and adapt to changing markets.
Continuous Integration and Delivery
Automate your pipelines for fast and reliable application and infrastructure updates. Use a pipeline to automate the build, configure, deploy, and test phases of your release process every time there is a code change, based on the release model you define.
- Automate your software and infrastructure deployment process, allowing you to rapidly release new features to your users
- Automate your build, test, and release process to quickly and easily test each code change and catch bugs while they are small and simple to fix
- Reduce the time developers spend waiting for operations to scale and maintain build servers
- Ensure the quality of your application or infrastructure code by running each change through your staging and release process
- Identify bugs and gather user feedback more quickly to ensure you’re building features that your customers need and want
- Configure your workflow to model the different stages of your release process
- Use open source tooling like GitHub, Jenkins, Packer, Ansible, and Terraform in the different steps of your release process
Automate Infrastructure Builds and Deployments for Greater Velocity
Infrastructure as code, configuration management, and immutable infrastructure can help you streamline infrastructure deployments, reduce manual tasks, and enable developers to rapidly release code.
- Orchestrate manual, repetitive tasks through automated workflows, allowing your team to focus on mission-critical tasks and projects.
- Increase agility and time-to-market by creating pre-configured infrastructure that takes minutes to deploy instead of hours
- Reduce costs and avoid unnecessary duplication by standardizing configuration
- Improve the consistency of infrastructure deployments across test, staging, and production environments.
- Decrease risk and increase compliance with industry regulations by building in your security framework while developing and testing software.
- Enhance system reliability and compliance through rapid detection and correction of improper configurations.
- Improve productivity and efficiency by automatically provisioning consistent test, staging, and production environments.
- Deployments can easily be stopped and rolled back if there are errors.
Shadow-Soft can help you evaluate your DevOps tooling. Benefit from our eight years of experience working with clients to implement and integrate DevOps best practices, methodologies, and technologies.
Talk to us about the Shadow-Soft DevOps Toolchain and the AWS DevOps Toolchain. Learn the different use cases for each toolchain, and compare the pros and cons.
Tools can be interchanged based on your specific needs.
Shadow-Soft DevOps Toolchain
AWS DevOps Toolchain
The Shadow-Soft Approach
Bring your team together for a DevOps Workshop to review your approach to DevOps and software delivery, ensuring your team is aligned around your goals and objectives.
- Establish team objectives and goals of CAP
- Highlight drivers for adoption
- Identify key security and governance pain points
- Use cases and POCs
- Create actionable next steps
Assess your current state and quantify the benefits and effort to embrace DevOps and continuous delivery. Identify key requirements, concerns, controls, and constraints for your DevOps plan.
- Enterprise application and infrastructure assessment
- TCO and ROI estimation
- Identification and remediation of key security controls and technologies
- Reference architectures and tool evaluation
- Alignment of stakeholders on a roadmap, success criteria, and resources
- Get a roadmap on how to transform your software delivery process, increase efficiencies, and reduce costs
Build your DevOps team, continuous delivery pipeline, and toolchain. Transfer principles and methodologies to your team, enabling a new approach to software delivery and IT operations.
- Develop and build a continuous delivery pipeline
- Validate applications and operations on the continuous delivery pipeline
- Build initial DevOps teams with people, process, playbooks, and technology
- Map security, compliance and operational approaches against new controls
Six Questions To Ask Yourself
- Can you rapidly release new features to meet changing customer needs?
- Are there bottlenecks that slow down your developers?
- Is your competition beating you to market with game-changing updates?
- How long does it take you to release new product features and bug fixes?
- Have you aligned and integrated your Development and Infrastructure pipelines?
- Do you have the metrics in place to track the effectiveness of your DevOps strategy?
Shadow-Soft partners with 20 technology providers to help you deploy software and infrastructure faster.
HashiCorp’s suite of products help organizations provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application.
Packer is a free and open source tool for creating golden images for multiple platforms from a single source configuration.
Terraform enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve infrastructure.
Vault secures, stores, and tightly controls access to tokens, passwords, certificates, API keys, and other secrets in modern computing.
Shadow-Soft is an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner, helping organizations design, architect, build, migrate, and manage their workloads and applications on AWS.
Red Hat Ansible is the simplest way to automate apps and IT infrastructure. Shadow-Soft is a Red Hat Premier Business Partner, helping organizations architect, design, configure, and optimize Ansible.
Red Hat OpenShift is an open source container application platform based on the Kubernetes container orchestrator for enterprise application development and deployment.
CloudBees provides enterprise support for Jenkins. Deploy with confidence on a CloudBees-verified distribution of Jenkins and maintain your recommended configuration.
Jenkins offers a simple way to set up a continuous integration and continuous delivery environment for almost any combination of languages and source code repositories.
Chef automates infrastructure configuration, ensuring every system is configured correctly and consistently.
Icinga monitors availability and performance, gives you simple access to relevant data and raises alerts to keep you in the loop.