DevOps on OpenShift Workshop Roadshow
Join Shadow-Soft and Red Hat for our DevOps on OpenShift Workshop.
This workshop is for IT operations, engineers and architects who want practical, hands-on experience deploying and managing containerized applications. Learn how Kubernetes and OpenShift’s container platform can help you deploy and manage applications with increased speed and reliability.
Roadshow cities and dates
Atlanta: November 6th, 10am-2pm – Complete
Tampa: December 10th, 10am-2pm – Complete
Nashville: February 5th, 9:30am-3:30pm – Register Today
- OpenShift 4: Install OpenShift 4 using the new installer designed for simplicity and rapid cluster deployment
- Application Management: Deploy a sample application using the oc tool and learn about some of the core concepts, fundamental objects, and basics of application management on OpenShift Container Platform
- Application Storage: Learn why OpenShift needs reliable storage – for example, to host a database, you need to supply a persistent volume to the pod
- Operators: Automate operations through the use of Operators – learn about Kubernetes and OpenShift control plane services (“masters”), router, container image registry, cluster metrics collection (“monitoring”), cluster aggregated logging, service brokers
- Container Storage: Learn how to deploy and manage OpenShift Container Storage (OCS)
- Log Aggregation: Explore the logging aggregation capabilities of OpenShift’s elastic log aggregation solution: EFK (ElasticSearch, Fluentd, and Kibana)
- Monitoring with Prometheus: Learn how to monitor cluster components and set of alerts to immediately notify the cluster administrator about any occurring problems
- Networking: Learn about OpenShift’s Software-Defined Network (SDN) inside the platform that is based on Open vSwitch