Shadow-Soft is a systems integrator with a rich open source history. Our team of strategists and engineers help organizations navigate their technology journey with confidence. Hundreds of customers rely on Shadow-Soft to solve business problems with solutions that span culture, process, and technology.
Shadow-Soft seeks a DevOps Consultant to join our consulting team.
As a DevOps Consultant, you will work both individually and as part of a team focused on accomplishing a wide variety of tasks working with DevOps and Cloud technologies like Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS. You will work on external customer projects using an array of open source technologies to help customers establish or refine with best practices around cloud, automation and infrastructure. Our expert consulting and managed services teams specialize in migrating legacy applications, modernizing and optimizing infrastructure, deploying Agile & DevOps methodologies through orchestration & automation, and maintaining these environments both on-prem and in the cloud.
A successful DevOps Consultant would be someone who enjoys traveling to customer sites and interacting with their team in a way that makes a meaningful impact on that business, wants to live on the leading edge of open source technology continually learning and implementing the latest technologies, and possesses the ability to effectively operate both as an individual and as a part of a team. Success is measured by a combination of customer delivery utilization and training/certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major
- 3 – 5+ Years of industry experience
- 2+ Years working as a consultant
- Strong and demonstrable understanding of DevOps concepts and practices
- Advanced knowledge of agile development cycle
- Strong Linux System Administration skills
- Experience with building and deploying CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar tools
- Experience developing and deploying automated processes with Ansible, Chef and/or Puppet
- Experience with containers and container orchestration using technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with creation and management of virtual infrastructure on premise and in AWS
- Advanced knowledge of open source monitoring tools such as Icinga, Nagios and SolarWinds
- Experience scripting in Shell, Ruby, Python and/or Bash
- Up to 50% travel per year on average
- RHCSA and/or LFCS
- AWS Associate/Professional Certification(s)
- Other Public Cloud Certifications
- Other relevant industry certifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain technology to non-technical people
- Ability to convert generic plans and requirements to architecture, technology, and best practices
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Documentation and presentation of technical solutions and best practices
- Experience working across interdisciplinary teams such as development, infrastructure, testing, and business functions in a DevOps capacity
- Experience working both independently and within client teams
- Strong knowledge of general cloud concepts and specific knowledge of DevOps in AWS